.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

7/20/2007

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow!


The title of this post is because one of my readers happens to have grabbed my attention with the perfect title for today - MY LAST DAY AT WORK!!!

After 8 years and 8 months, I am done working with this company. Today was my last day. And what a hectic week it's been. I've had farewell parties every single day this week. I'm wiped out.

And what perfect timing to quit my job, just so I can stand in line at midnight and get my two pre-ordered pre-paid copies of Harry Potter, so I can enjoy my unemployment days reading it.

I need to go find my Hairy Potter shirt that I bought at Yellowstone Park three years ago. I wore the shirt last year when the book came out. Can't spoil tradition. I'm going to miss standing in line with "adopted" kids, but maybe we'll find some kids who are need of understanding parents tonight?

In a new twist of events with my quitting a job without anything lined up, I got a call last night in the middle of my farewell party letting me know that my possibly-new-client is expecting me on Monday morning for an interview. Now I'm all anxious and worried about the reason for it. And of course the problem is that the paperwork is still not processed, so I can't start working 'til I get anything official.

I'll write more later this weekend, if I find time when resting from reading Harry Potter #7.

Oh, and one request from those of you who like to spoil it for others, PLEASE don't. I don't want to know who dies. I want to read the book. I also promise not to write a word about the book once I start reading. Nothing.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Leaving in 30 minutes to pick up our copy. Don't expect a post from me for the next few days. ;)

    And no, I won't spoil it when I get back from readin'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 AM, July 21, 2007  

  • Woohoo!!!! Love the teeshirt! I made it until 2:30 in the morning and had to stop. Mike the Anti-Mormon asked me if I'd reveal the ending on my blog. No way, no HOW!!!

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 10:43 AM, July 21, 2007  

  • I KNEW HT/GT would read last night!

    Hope things go well with the new client ... if you want a new client, that is.

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 1:03 PM, July 21, 2007  

  • All done reading....

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 5:50 PM, July 22, 2007  

  • ZS, I will eagerly await a post from you about how it was to stand in line at midnight.

    HTGT, don't pay attention to Mike. He's just too lazy to read the book.

    Sara Sue, Of course I want a new client. I don't like being unemployed. I'll update as soon as I can.

    HTGT, my husband was done this morning. You guys suck! Give me another week or two before I'm done. I like to read slow. I enjoy the process, not the end goal.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 7:17 PM, July 22, 2007  

  • My wife got the book Saturday morning (pre-ordered) and I don't think she has put the book down since she started reading it.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:59 PM, July 22, 2007  

  • Mike's wife likes to read with the screen door open.

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 1:44 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home