.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

7/13/2007

Friday the 13th

I've been sitting and waiting for that Jewish good luck of Friday the 13th, and nothing. I suppose the day isn't over yet so I shouldn't despair or convert too fast.

I sent out my global farewell email to everyone in my company. I really wanted to write this farewell email , but I chickened out and thanked my coworkers and friends, ending it with:

To quote the famous prime minister of my country: "I never did anything alone. Whatever was accomplished in this country was accomplished collectively." - Golda Meir

Though I considered another quote:

There can be hope only for a society which acts as one big family, not as many separate ones. Anwar Sadat

But I received advice from my boss who's also resigned to end it on a positive note. So I did.

I received over a dozen "good luck" within the first ten minutes after I clicked send. It's all worth it to resign from a company after nine years if only to find how many people really wished me well and cared enough to write a few words in response.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home