.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

8/31/2007

Catch up time

I'm recovering from surgery and I'm on pain medication now. Perfect opportunity to update my blog (only because Michigan Mike requested). More about this surgery in a separate post (gotta keep up with my father's speed of drawings).

This is going to be one of the more disjointed posts because pain prevents me from thinking in a logical and straight line of thought.

I signed up for text messages from the county where I live. It sends me text messages about the weather and traffic. I thought it was a brilliant idea back when I registered and needed to know if it's going to rain heavily or not. Then I got this text message that had me laughing: "Traffic to Wilson Bridge is stopped due bridge opening for tall boat passing." I love it! Now I know when the tall boats are passing by. It's a dream come true. I no longer have to carry my camera around 24/7 expecting it to open any minute. I can just wait for the text message. Now if only I could train this messaging system to notify me of deer crossing street, ninja squirrel coming down the highway, or black bear sighting.

One evening I was laying in bed reading a book, while my husband was doing his nightly Washington Post crossword puzzle, when I had an urge to visit the bathroom. Typically, my husband is very engrossed in these puzzles and doesn't even answer me when I talk to him. Obviously, me going to the bathroom didn't require any kind of warning or talking, so I just got up and walked towards my bathroom when I noticed my husband put down his newspaper and got up to walk to the second bathroom. I looked at him in puzzlement and said, "What's this? Is it like yawning? When one person yawns the other yawns, too? Have we been married so long that we synchronize our bathroom visits, too?"


Since the weather turned much warmer than freezing, we've been keeping the back door open so the dog can go out whenever he desires. Of course that means that we get flies coming into our house on a regular basis. Sometimes it's really difficult to fall asleep with a damn fly in the bedroom. One evening when my husband was already in bed working on his puzzle, I turned off all the lights in the house and was ready to go to the bedroom when I heard my husband ask me for "Fly Swatter." So I responded back saying, "I have no idea where we packed it, just use your shoe." I think I heard my husband mutter some swear words at my response, when I entered the bedroom. I was a bit baffled by his annoyed reaction, when he anunciated it very slowly, "I asked for some I-C-E W-A-T-E-R!"

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Well I am glad you are back.

    My wife is hard of hearing too, but so far she hasn't given me a fly swatter when I asked for ice water.

    Of course that is not all that surprising since she wouldn't give me any ice water if I asked for it.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:59 AM, September 01, 2007  

  • I'm glad you're back too! I thought for a second there the kids at camp won!

    "Just use your shoe" LMAO! Will you be responding like that every time he asks for a beverage from now on?

    Hope your surgery wasn't too serious and that you are mending well.

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 1:15 PM, September 01, 2007  

  • Yes, the bathroom thing happens with us regularly. Pretty sad, huh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM, September 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home