.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

8/09/2007

An email exchange with my father


Before you read the email exchange below I think I should clarify that my parents have been married for 48 years. In my family's circle everyone knows who is my father since we're so much alike, but there is serious doubt about who is my mother. The only proof she has is that she was in the hospital that day.


Date: Aug 9, 2007 10:50 AM
Subject: Art connected with Poland (cont.)

"Mybrid,"
This is connected with a huge shopping mall in Warsaw (designed and built by Israeli contractor). In nature, the fish is not a part of it.
Love,
Dad


Date: Aug 9, 2007 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: Art connected with Poland (cont.)
Dad,
This is DEFINITELY one of your most interesting pieces of art!!! I really like it. It's asymmetrical and makes the eye stay around to look at the details and figure out what's going on. It's not as "clear" to immediately understand what it is. Makes the brain work.
Love,
"Mybrid"

Date: Aug 9, 2007 2:07 PM
Subject: RE: Art connected with Poland (cont.)
"Mybrid,"
I value your opinion very high. You said exactly the same what I said when I finished the work, contrary to my wife. Obviously, one can not expect any intelligent comment from a person, who has no taste, nor satisfactory educational background in art.
Love,
Dad

Date: Aug 9, 2007 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: Art connected with Poland (cont.)
Dad,
Your wife doesn't have the same taste and appreciation of surrealistic art as we do. Sometimes I do wonder why you married her. ;-)
"Mybrid"

Date: Aug 9, 2007 3:52 PM
Subject: RE: Art connected with Poland (cont.)

I also wonder...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I just had a similar discussion with my mom. I seriously doubt she is my mother.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:49 PM, August 09, 2007  

  • I mean seriously, do we have any other proof besides them telling us they were at the hospital that day? I think I'm going to demand a genetic test to prove she's my mom.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:52 PM, August 09, 2007  

  • My mom doubts that I'm her daughter sometimes. Because she is Italian and thinks taking revenge is a high virtue and I think it's awful. She literally sneered at me one time when we were talking about it and said, "You are not Italian enough."

    I really enjoy your Dad's paintings. He sounds like a funny guy.

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 6:46 AM, August 10, 2007  

  • that's cute. You and your father sound stoic, like my wife. The opposite of me (which is not an insult, and probably a good thing).

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 4:01 PM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home