.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/26/2008

New Year Resolutions

Blogger finally has a Hebrew version of blogging. Yay. I can now start my Hebrew blog. Oh wait, that means I will only have an audience of 6 million people instead of several billions. Hmmmm....tough choice there.

As you all probably gathered, my new year resolutions for 2007 slipped a little into 2008. But I couldn't anticipate this horrendous housing market, so give me a break! I did accomplish every single item on my new year resolutions for 2007 and I'm very proud of my accomplishments. Now we're into 2008 and I have only one new year resolution. It's one that I will not be sharing on my blog. But I promise to share it in 2009.

Yesterday my husband and I decided to try out a restaurant that someone recommended. Since we never really celebrated the sale of our house properly (and separate from our anniversary), we decided this would count. So off we went to have dinner. $3,400 later we were stuffed!

Yes it is a bit of a pricey restaurant, but if you ever get a chance to visit any of these restaurants in the US - DO IT! It's called Texas De Brazil. The experience and the food is absolutely outstanding! Okay, don't worry, it won't cost you anywhere near how much it cost us. But this restaurant is conveniently located attached to a shopping mall, and we really needed a new refrigerator and a matching oven. That completes our kitchen remodeling project. (well, except three drawer faces that our freaking contractor has yet to deliver, and if I see the asshole ever again, I swear I'm going to slap him silly!).

Back to the restaurant - this is a place where you start off with a salad bar with the most delicious dishes you've ever tried. 100% of the dishes are unique and different. Then, you have this little coaster - one side is red, the other is green. Turn it green side up - and young cute waiters will come storming with long skewers of meat to your table. Each waiter with a different type meat. They load your plate up until you turn that coaster to red. You eat, you decide to try something new, you turn the coaster back to green. The food is absolutely fantastic! The service is outstanding. The atmosphere is phenomenal. The architecture is beautiful. The music is awesome. The professionalism and cleanliness of the place is commendable. We plan on going back to celebrate every birthday and anniversary.

As for the refrigerator and oven - honestly, they weren't as expensive as it seems, but once you add on to it delivery and the five year warranty plans on each, it all adds up. But we're going to recover some of the money by selling our old appliances on craigslist. I have two potential buyers, so I'm hoping they'll decide to take it off our hands tomorrow.

Oh, and the dishwasher we purchased last weekend - awesome. It's so quite that we can watch TV while it's running and not be annoyed.

We now have a fully stainless steel kitchen. I hate it, but since my husband will be doing all the cooking anyway, I'll deal with it. Why do I hate it? Because stainless steel shows every single finger print, and it's impossible to clean or prevent it. Not to mention I get static shocks from everything made of steel. I suppose I need to go on a diet anyway, so I won't be touching those appliances any time during the dry winter months.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • I checked out the restaurant link & those are HUGE skewers of meat.

    I feel full just looking at them.

    By Blogger FreeOscar, at 7:43 PM, January 27, 2008  

  • Oh I too hate fingerprints on stainless steel! Argh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM, January 28, 2008  

  • That sounds like a great meal! I was choking on the price until I found out it came with appliances...

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 3:13 PM, January 29, 2008  

  • I ate at one of those restaurants a couple of times in Utah. The food was fantastic and I loved it. i think it had a different name out there, but it was the same idea.

    Kitchen appliances are another of those things that surprise me at how much they cost. We re going to be in the market for a new refrigerator soon and I was shocked at the price of them.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:17 AM, January 30, 2008  

  • Wear mittens in the kitchen to minimize fingerprints. And I'm getting a kick out of picturing you wearing mittens while getting a snack.

    I'm hungry now that I've checked out the restaurant site. Meat!

    By Blogger Chickie, at 3:17 PM, January 30, 2008  

  • Back in my meat-eating days we went to a churrascaria in Fort Worth, Texas. It was really yummy and quite decadent. Plus they let me smoke a cigar in the bar.

    And congrats on the kitchen remodel!! Woot! What a load off your mind.

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 4:36 PM, February 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home