.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/05/2008

Things in common

I know this drawing was uploaded before, but this time it's relevant to the post.

Chickie's post about the possum reminded me of something I haven't revealed yet on this blog.

When I first met my husband we searched for things we had in common. We didn't have a difficult time finding those because some were rather obvious - like we both have blue eyes. And we both have identical hand-writing (which often freaks people out, because it's not a very common hand-writing).

As the years go by, and we shared stories from our lives before we got married, we stumbled upon one of those "matches made in heaven" coincidences.

Apparently, we both had pet Guinea Pigs. Ok, no shocker there. But how many married couples do you know where they both played an integral part in killing those guinea pigs, Huh?!?
Mine lasted a couple of weeks in a cage, before I decided to let it out and play with it. Well, I brought him to my favourite room in the house - the kitchen. The visit to the kitchen took a couple of minutes, before little guy decided to take a stroll into one of the crevices between the cabinet and the oven. So here's me thinking food will lure him out, or calling out to Ziso to come out and play with me. Ziso never came out. He got stuck. Forever.

My husband's story is a bit more exciting. He played with his guinea pig at the top of his bunk bed, when his mother called him for dinner. Well, him being a very energetic kid, took the guinea pig in his hand and jumped down from his bunk bed. You're all thinking now - ok, what's the big deal? Well, what you're missing is that when excited kids jump off the bunk bed, they have a tendency to squeeze their hands tight. So tight that it suffocates little guinea pig that was alive only a second before.

Ok, no need to comment - I know, I know, we're both going to hell.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home