.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

2/15/2008

I'm not taking a break

I was forced to take a break.

You all remember my room with all the papers scattered around?

Three weekends ago we went to IKEA and bought two filing cabinets for all those papers. But here's the problem with IKEA - you go in for one thing, and you end up with something different. We ended up with a major plan of reorganizing the house furniture.

Two cabinets from the computer room had to be moved, computer table had to be moved, filing cabinets needed to be assembled, papers filed, etc.

Did you all catch the part about "computer table had to be moved"?

Yeah, it weighs a ton. So computer needed to be dehooked and rehooked in the new location. But in my zealousness for cleaning two weekends ago, and in my husband's eagerness to show me all the dust everywhere, he pointed to the dusty cover on my PC. Then he decided he needed to check how much dust is INSIDE the PC.

Needless to say, it was dusty. Very.

And what do you know, I had a can of compressed air used to clean keyboards, so why not use it?! Like Adam and Eve, I gave him the apple. He ate it. Computer innards were spotlessly clean when he was done with that can.

Then it was time to reconnnect the cables and boot the PC.

Yeah, you guessed it, $189 and two weekends later I still have no PC and Best Buy is making a study case of my PC. All their diagnostics indicate hard drive is perfectly fine. Problem is you can't reboot the darn thing!

Mind you, this is the PC I got a year ago because the previous one passed away while still on warranty. I paid $199 for this PC. Actually, no, I paid nothing for it. I paid $199 for a 2-year warranty. Which is wonderful, except that...ok, ask me when was the last time I backed up the information on that PC [not recently], and ask me how much it costs for a lab to backup your hard drive [$500].

Oh forget it, don't ask. I'm depressed as is.

Didn't get anything for my birthday. Yes, you all read that right. I got NOTHING. I did get a ton of phone calls and wishes from people I haven't heard from in a long time, and that definitely made me happy. Plus everyone's posts on my blog! That was awesome. You guys rock. But I got no presents. Did I mention I'm married? Yeah, he didn't forget my birthday, he just didn't get me anything for it.

I was almost ready to get the divorce papers signed on Valentine's Day. But 12 roses did magically appear on the dining room table behind my laptop.

I apologise for the lack of drawing on this post. My father's drawings are in another email account and once I log on to that account it logs me off blogger. Which sucks and aggravates the hell out of me. That's also the reason I often opt not to blog. It's just too much effort to log on to a different account just to blog. I wish they made it a bit simpler where it wasn't linked to an email account.

Done ranting. For now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • oh no, I saw where this was going when you mentioned cleaning inside.

    It may be trite, but I stand by the old motto of 'if it ain't broke...'

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 12:41 PM, February 17, 2008  

  • Yeah, I figured the same as Colonel. We have an old computer in the basement that just died recently. It is over 10 years old and my wife keeps asking if we can fix it. I figure 10 years is a pretty good run for a computer, so why bother.

    I finally told her we could buy a new one cheaper than we could fix the old one. I am not sure if that is true or not, but she fell for it so that is all that matters.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:15 PM, February 18, 2008  

  • Oh dear....he barely made it with those roses, didn't he. Whew!

    Rant away! Isn't that what a blog is for?

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 8:44 AM, February 20, 2008  

  • Why is it when we go to do something in one room the whole entire house ends up a mess too?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home