.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

5/04/2006

Major accident

So yestrday I had been through a Major accident. These accidents are quite common around this area and particularly around the Washington D.C. beltway. Mybrid is scratched and out of shape a bit, and I'm just shaken. But I'm feeling good.

Why do I call it a Major accident? Because I was hit by a Major in the USAF (US Air Force). And this just begs to be categorized under Major accident.

I realised fairly quickly whom I was dealing with once I saw the sticker on his windshield, and when I saw his email address my suspicions grew larger. When I saw his signature in his email it confirmed it.

Now, since I have a huge amount of respect for people who dedicate their careers to military service, and I have a very special place in my heart for servicemen (volunteering at the USO in Israel for seven years does that to a person) - I decided he deserves a break. Not only was he particularly nice after the accident and apologised profusely and bent on his knees to check the underside of my car for damage as well as the inside of Mybrid's trunk, but he had even called his insurance company before I even had a chance to decide what to do about it.

By the time I got home, and checked the car with my husband, I've come to the conclusion that this Major accident was no accident and Mybrid can handle the few scratches on it. Not to mention it wasn't worth the hassle, time and effort to get it replaced and painted. I called him up and told him to have a wonderful evening and he can call his insurance company and instruct them to close the file. It was nice to hear the appreciation in his voice.

I honestly believe that what goes around comes around.

Several years ago my car was rear ended early morning on my way to work by a woman with kids in her car. When I got out of my car and noticed she had kids in her car and was most likely already frazzled by them, I told her to just continue driving and not to worry about it. About a month later I "touched" a car in front of me on the way to work. The lady had the same reaction and allowed me to continue driving.

I just need to drive particularly careful for the next month or so. I honestly don't want to test my luck and I'll be fine if I don't have any more Major accidents.

2 Comments:

  • I wish we had ppl like that here.....here it's usually chaos even after the most minor of accidents.....ppl screaming abuse words...rest of the world gathering to watch the SHOW...!!!

    By Blogger Aftab Iqbal, at 6:10 AM, May 09, 2006  

  • Come to America, Aftab. Soon enough you'll get to miss the hot headed, hot blooded and fun loving people. ;-)

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 7:08 PM, May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home