.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

5/03/2006

Mybrid had an accident

One month after our office moved to D.C., the powers that be decided to send me out to another jobsite. If you recall, last time I was sent out to a jobsite, Mybrid suffered a minor collision with a coffee drinker. It only makes sense that if I get sent out to another jobsite, Mybrid will undergo yet another collision. So today was the day.

Nothing major. Just some scratches on the back bumper, which will have to be replaced and painted yet again! As for me, besides some minor back pain I feel fine.

So I called my mom back home, who was in the midst of celebrating Israel's Independence Day and requested that she find me a bumper sticker in Hebrew that says: "Tafsikoo lidfok oti!" which in a literal translation to English means - "stop hitting me," but the actual meaning in Israeli colloquialism is - "Quit fucking me!" or in nicer word "quit messing with me." At first my mom thought I was making a statement to my boss at work who keeps sending me to these jobsites, but then she realised the double entendere.

On the brighter side of life - I have moved from the cubicle farm to my own personal office with two large windows and more room than I could wish for.
On the not-so-bright side - I'm back to the same place where I worked for a year and a half with the commute from hell of an hour and a half to work, and two hours back. So our house move is now becoming more of an emergency.
On the other-not-so-bright side, I'm finding it very difficult to work at a place that brings back memories that I've been trying to forget.
To end on a positive note - I'm back with old friends and my lunch schedule is filled all the way to next week in an attempt to catch up with everyone. So that's pretty cool!

And now I need to go stretch my back because it's bothering me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home