.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/09/2007

Can it get any worse?


This new year deal has become unbelieveable. I thought getting news of two deaths in four days would be the end of it, when I got a call from a friend of mine this morning. She's in her 40's and has been trying to get pregnant for a year. This entire year she's shared with me every moment of her pursuit of happiness. Two weeks ago she called me with the exciting news that she's finally pregnant. I was so thrilled for her. Today she called me to tell me she had a miscarriage.

Two grown adults and an unborn. God, who's next on your list? And can you leave me alone for the rest of the year? I've had enough.



Today my husband and I celebrate our 14th anniversary. I did some quick math yesterday and realised that by the end of this year I would have known my husband longer than not knowing him. That's kinda shocking to realise, so when my brother emailed me the happy anniversary and I shared with him this piece of news I asked him if he has reached that point with his wife yet?
His response was: "no chance ever, men never know their wives !"

1 Comments:

  • Well men can't ever know their wives might have been a better answer.

    Sorry about all the bad things going on. Hopefully you will have gotten it all out of the way for the year.

    Congratulations to you and your husband. You guys have been married almost exactly half the time I have.

    Man, that's spooky. For me. Not for you.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7:47 PM, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home