.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

3/10/2007

Trying to find time

This past week was one of those weeks that ended with a splitting headache and a cold. Too much stress at work and in my personal life. Everything that COULD go wrong on my project went wrong and then some. At the same time I've been trying to get our townhouse ready for sale, but our trim work guy caught a cold that delayed his arrival til today.

Last night I met with the carpet people - Empire Today, and the painters. Carpet will go down on Friday, paint will go next weekend. Hopefully, they won't paint it green for St. Patrick's day! So somehow through all this, I've lost an entire week worth of work. I won't be able to put the house up for sale next Monday because I still need a couple of days for cleaning the house thouroughly after all the trades have left.

This also means that focusing on the new house is delayed as a result. Translation to Jewish: house won't be as ready as I wanted it to be for Passover Eve!

Meanwhile, this week I've sold my apartment back in Israel. Huge deal for me and very emotional for my family. Of course selling anything overseas means lots of paperwork, and getting it notarized by the embassy here. Thankfully, I live quite close to the embassy, compared to most Israelis overseas. But still, it means I have to take a day off work, because they notarize papers only on Mondays and Thursdays between 11 and 1. Monday I'm already taking a day off work to go lobby the government

Wednesday I'm taking half a day off work due to an event at our main office - during which I am supposed to give a 15 minute presentation (another stressful event for me). Thursday half a day off to get to the embassy. Friday - day off to manage the carpet laying at my old house. Somewhere in this very hectic week I'll be negotiating salary with my new company, and possibly turn in my resignation before St. Patrick's day. Hmmm... I don't know when's the best time to turn in resignations. Heck, I don't even know what to write on it after eight years with the company.

With all this added stress I caught a cold from my husband. I HATE COLDS!!!

I just want to make it through end of March. Is that too much to ask?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Oh, it sounds like a terribly stressful time. The only good thing about going through all this is that once it's over, things will seem almost insanely easy by comparison.

    Now get you some chicken soup and try to get some rest!

    By Blogger Phoebe Fay, at 9:50 PM, March 10, 2007  

  • I wish I could rest, Phoebe. Today I need to work on my 15 minute presentation because this afternoon is taken with the lobbying events.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:03 AM, March 11, 2007  

  • Ooh, I had a cold back in Jan/Feb and it lasted for WEEKS. I got my revenge on it by passing it on to everyone I work with (save for the few that I actually like). HA!. That'll teach 'em...

    "behatzlacha" with the new job and umm, everything I guess.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM, March 11, 2007  

  • Megan and I both had the stomach bug......let's just say, eventough I was off work, I was still dealing with water and wastewater infrastructure from the end user perspective instead of DPW engineering. A few jugs of Pedialyte and Gatorade and all is improving.

    Good luck with the painting and carpet. My $28.57/inch plasma arrives this week !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM, March 12, 2007  

  • With any luck March is almost over. Well... several family events to go, but still, I guess it depends on how you define "almost"...

    Think positive! Green carpet is very "in" these days.

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 9:42 PM, March 13, 2007  

  • I have the utmost faith in you, my dear. You can be sick, move, change jobs, fix up any house, and give any presentation, all the while managing to give everyone hell in the process.

    Carol didn't nickname you the Israeli Waili for nothing.... ;-)

    Chin up, Semicolon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home