.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

3/18/2007

House stuff

We're getting closer to putting our previous house on sale. Friday we had the carpet placed. I asked a friend of mine to supervise their work, until my husband can get there in the afternoon. I figured that since she knew Spanish and she is very familiar with Architecture and Construction Management that this would work well with the Spanish speaking carpet layers.

At 6pm I called my husband to ask what he's up to, and here's the conversation that ensued:

Mybrid: "Are you still at the townhouse?"
Ybrid: "Yes, your friend and I are having some beers."
Mybrid: "Beers?"
Mybrid's friend in the background: "Did you tell her about the carpet burns?"
Ybrid to my friend in the background: "And how do you want me to explain to her that you have carpet burns?"
Mybrid: "Waitaminute! Let me see if I understand this. You're out there in our old house, having beers with my friend and now she's got carpet burns?"
Ybrid: "Yup."
Mybrid: "And I'm sitting here alone at our new house???! Oh, forget this! I'm calling her husband!"

So I picked up the phone to my friend's husband, who's also my friend:

Mybrid: "When can you come over?"
Mybrid's friend: "huh?"
Mybrid: "Well, my husband and your wife are having beers and now she's got carpet burns!"
Mybrid's friend: "Oh no, they're not!" [click]

Next call I get is from my husband:

Ybrid: "Well..... her husband called."
Mybrid [trying to stay innocent, but smiling]
Ybrid: "He threatened that anything I do to his wife he's going to do to me!!!"
Mybrid [laughing her ass off from the visual]


Yeah, I got cool friends! I'll have to take him out to Happy Hour this Friday. Though I'm not sure we can top the carpet burn story.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home